1982 Century 8000
Full DescriptionBoat is located in Elk River, Minnesota.
My friend and I received this project boat from his parents to fix up - it was sitting for quite a few years.
A huge amount of work was put into this boat, but we're realizing that we just don't have the time to use it as we had hoped, so we decided to sell.
It's an awesome boat and will be a lot of fun for the right person.
Both inboard motors (Mercruiser 898 v8) run pretty well.
I’ve included a link to a video of the motors running, the inside layout, etc.
To see this video, please copy and paste the link provided in a new tab on your internet browser.
The inside needs some work, but it is usable as-is.
We had big plans to redo the interior all together, but as I mentioned previously, we don’t have the time.
Please reach out if you have any questions!
https://youtu.be/qG3o98x0yHk (engines running) ---- .
https://youtu.be/X-6B1c3Zq7k (inside tour of the boat).
Here is the list of work I've put into BOTH engines (unless noted otherwise):
- 2 new batteries
- oil change and filters
- spark plugs
- new starters
- carburetors rebuilt with new kit
- new lower unit oil
- various fuses, wiring, etc.
- intake gasket and thermostat on ONE engine
- new spark wires
- new ignition coil on ONE engine
- new fuel filters
- new impellers
- new points on distributor
- All wheel bearings new and repacked with grease
- one new tire, the other 3 are used but replaced them last summer
- adjusted where the boat sits on the trailer and added some new braces so it sits better on the trailer
- new lights
- removed, resealed, and rescued the swim platform off the back of the boat
- removed most of what was inside to clean and dry the boat
- new fully operational bilge pump
- brand new, never used portable toilet installed (easy to clean, use, and winterize!)