The MayFly is a fly fishing oriented sit-on-top, loaded with features to make kayak fly fishing more fun and user friendly. The MayFly has a versatile hull optimized for tracking, stability, and speed in popular fly fishing conditions and destinations, including tropical flats, slow-moving rivers, lakes and ponds. Recognizing the unique challenges faced by fly fisherman, particularly fly line management, the MayFly includes a myriad of design aspects to address the needs of fly fisherman creating the ultimate kayak fly fishing platform. Snag-free footrests and features, protected fly box storage, unique storage options for your fly fishing rod and reel, rod butt props for dealing with tangles, integrated and protected fly patches, and more cater to the high-performance features expert fly fisherman need while being versatile and stable enough to bring new kayak fly anglers into the sport.
Features may include:
- Ergo Seating System With MOLLE
- Snag free wide open standing area
- Snag free one-piece foot brace system with line anchor to secure fly line while paddling
- Large stern well designed for Orion 25 Cooler
- Snag free bungee flip down fly box holders lined with foam
- Storage for fly gear like nippers, forceps and tippet
- Integrated fly patch for quick access to flies
- Bow hatch storage bin for fly vests, hip packs, or others items for easy access when wade fishing
- Aluminum accessory tracks for mounting accessories or a casting brace
- Raymarine transducer scupper
- Standing pad
- Specialized fly rod storage with molded in reel pockets that allow for forward or reverse rod storage
- Rod butt props to help with line tangles
- This handy front hatch bin keeps items in your front hatch right where they should be – accessible.
- Hull height: 16"
- Our JK hatch now comes with heavy duty, easy flip latches. Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way but still in arm’s reach – snag-free for your treble hooks! Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe.
- Sealed, molded-in rod tip tubes now offer the ultimate protection for your rods.
- Fully adjustable foot brace, snag-free with gear track and integrated fly patch on top.
- Encased, flush, hatched and easily accessible storage for fly boxes and fly tools.
- Full standing pad for comfort and additional quiet while sight fishing and casting.
- Keep soft plastics, terminal tackle, pliers, knives, Plano boxes and other items you need where you need them with our padded Seat Stash Sliding Tray. Slide out from under seat to access contents of the tray and conveniently back and out of the way. One of the two compartments accommodates two 3600 series Plano boxes with bungee for additional security. Recesses on both sides of the front compartment allow easy under-seat rod butt staging.
- J-Hook beside seat clicks onto tippet spools for easy access.