2021 Other Big Tuna
2021 Other Big Tuna
Full Description2021 Jackson Kayak Big Tuna
The Big Tuna is one of our largest capacity fishing kayaks, with the unique ability to paddle as a tandem or solo kayak, making it the perfect family model. Boasting more than thirty seating configurations, it is versatile for any number of activities - fishing, hunting, recreational exploration, etc. Seat can be reversed for unique ‘FaceTime seating’, helpful when fishing with young children.
The Big Tuna is at home across a diverse variety of waterways including lakes, rivers, inshore saltwater and even offshore fishing.
The unique Tuna Tank in the center of the Big Tuna can be used as dry storage or converted into a livewell for bait.
Rod tip protectors and unique geometry on the deck make tucking rods away safely a snap, and the small day hatch on the bow is perfect for stowing snacks, keys, cameras and other small items. Comfortable Hi Lo Ergo Seat features the MOLLE system on the rear panel, allowing you to add any of our MOLLE accessories such as medical kits, water bottle holders and more. With a variety of positions available in both solo and tandem positions, you can adjust the trim of your boat as needed. Large rear tankwell offers access to in-hull storage, and the pad eyes on the stern are ready to accept a drag chain or anchor line. Two flush mount rod holders are great for trolling, and bungees on either side of the kayak make for easy paddle staging.
Whether you’re guiding your child, a significant other, a client or a friend, the Big Tuna is an ideal way to introduce anyone to the beauty of kayak fishing.
Features may include:
- The Big Tuna has a wide base, which is great for tandem kayaking, or standing and fishing. Surprising to most people, the Big Tuna also has plenty of speed and is very maneuverable. It has just the right amount of rocker to turn easily, but not too much to where it is considered loose. It tracks very well, and is really just a blast to paddle!
- The Rod Tip Protector is a great way to store your rods when they are not in use or if you are paddling through tight areas like mangrove tunnels. By concealing the rod tips, they won’t get snagged on brush or weeds, and helps prevent you from accidentally breaking your rod on the water. You’re on your own with ceiling fans and car doors.
- Boat Height: 13"
- The Day Hatch is a great place to keep you essentials safe. It is big enough to store a small packable jacket, and stays dry enough to store your phone, wallet, keys, and most importantly your snacks. The Day Hatch is quickly and easily accessible, so you can get to a camera quickly to capture those once in a lifetime memories. *It is always a great idea to keep your important items in a completely waterproof/floating container*
- Scupper holes allow your kayak to drain and not be swamped. Looking for scupper plugs? You can snag them here.
- Front paddler can face rear paddler. Great for parents! Need a replacement seat? Pick one up here. Only need to replace the cover? You can snag one here.
- Each kayak includes a Nalgene 32 ounce wide mouth water bottle.Made in the USA, our custom Nalgene bottles are decked out with Jackson Kayak logos.
- The Tuna Tank is a great multiple purpose accessory. It comes with no pre-drilled holes. If used this way, it is an easily accesible storage tub (not waterproof). If you decide to use it as a bait tank, simply drill a few small holes in the front and back of the tank (drill holes based on the size of the bait). Now water and oxygen will flow freely through it, keeping your bait happy and lively all day.