Simplicity defined, the Mirage Compass is powered by the MirageDrive 180 pedal system and Kick-Up Fins. Patented Kick-Up Fin Technology takes the worry out of kayaking in shallow, structure-filled waters by automatically retracting upon impact. Experience forward and reverse pedal propulsion with Hobie's Square Tip Fins. New for 2022 is an anodized aluminum alloy frame seat offering incredible comfort, durability and breathability with monomesh and ripstop nylon construction. The Compass offers maximum stability and an oversized cockpit and flat deck for standing. A sharp turning radius makes this fishing kayak nimble in tight quarters, yet able to speed over open water in stealthy fashion. Kayak fishing features include pre-installed rod holders, H-Track accessory mounts and a transducer cavity ready for you to install a Lowrance® fishfinder. For a stealthy look, upgrade to the Compass Camo package that is outfitted with Kick-Up Turbo Fins and comes in Camo color.
Features may include:Excellent Hull Performance
- The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- The forward and reversing MirageDrive 180 pedal propulsion system with Kick-Up Fins features legendary bioengineered performance.
- H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- 8” Round Twist And Seal Hatch
- Keep your drink close at hand.
- The breathable mesh fabric is adjustable for comfort. Mounted at an ideal height for fishing, there's room for tackle storage underneath. Easily removable for use on shore.
- When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with the included Two-Piece Paddle with Fiberglass Shaft.
- The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory.
- Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Brass inserts in the stern accept Hobie’s mounting plate for a Power-Pole Micro shallow water anchor.