The Coosa FD is based on the top-selling Coosa HD hull and deck layout but adds our Flex Drive 3D system allowing for hands-free propulsion. The Flex Drive 3D offers forward and reverse operation and includes a unique articulating system for deep and shallow water navigation, and the prop is easy to access as needed. The Coosa FD comes with fore-aft trimming and our High Ergo Seat Frame with MOLLE System giving it flexibility in seating positions that puts the pedaler in the most comfortable position possible. The Flex Drive 3D is easily deployed with the flip of a lever.
2022 models feature a pass through for electronics, making it easier for through-hull wiring of fish finders. The hatch seal is more robust to keep the inside of your kayak dryer when tackling waves and downpours. The four-hole bolt pattern on the stern is designed to accept accessories that feature that pattern, such as the PowerPole and Torqeedo trolling motor mount.
Our new Flex Drive 3D is the product of two years of constant evolution in three key components: power, propulsion and steering. From bow to stern, the Flex Drive 3D delivers unparalleled user versatility, efficiency and convenience on the water. Designed from the water up for maximum performance, intuitive use and ease of maintenance, the Flex Drive 3D empowers anglers, sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts to get closer to the action.
The Coosa FD has all the features of the best-selling Coosa HD, from rod tip protection system to gear track and more. This hull performs beautifully on lakes, rivers, inshore and even offshore salt environments. The combination of one of the best-designed all-around kayaks and the Flex Drive 3D make this a leading combination for hands-free kayak angling in a wide array of waterways!
Features may include:
- Hull Height w/o Lower Unit: 13". Hull Height w/Lower Unit: 29".
- This handy front hatch bin keeps items in your front hatch right where they should be – accessible.
- The new JK hatch now comes with heavy duty latches. Tuck your paddle blade under this Hypalon keeper to get it out of the way but still in arm’s reach – snag-free for your treble hooks! Resistant to UV damage and temperature extremes, this material will keep your paddle safe.
- Sealed, molded-in rod tip tubes offer the ultimate in protection for your rods.
- Full standing pad for comfort and additional quiet while sight fishing and casting.
- Located on both sides, front and rear of the Big Rig HD/FD, these gear tracks are built into the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories and RAM Mounts.
- Scupper hole accommodates many transducer sizes, making installation of fish finder units a snap.
- Keep your paddle close at hand while keeping it out of the way.
- Flush mount rod holders are great for trolling.
- Our integrated rudder control system allows precise direction correction while pedaling and can be operated with left, right, or both controls.
- This MOLLE seatback pouch makes accessing behind seat contents a breeze. Fully MOLLE-compatible, pouch snaps off easily to reload for those days on the go and can hold two 3600 series Plano boxes and more.
- Stern handle is molded in for comfort and ease of transport. This handle also serve as a great way to lock down your kayak in your car, truck or trailer to prevent theft.
- Four easy molded in bolt points are ready for easy installation of the PowerPole Micro Anchor system, Torqeedo mount or any other accessories that utilize this four bolt pattern.
- Open stern storage area offers ample room for crates, bait tanks and expedition gear within reach of the paddler. Tankwell dimensions: 18" x 19". Sized to fit an Orion 25 (lengthwise).