We know when it comes to shipping your boat, you want the safest transport at the best rate. With our partners, you can find just that! We’ll help you figure out how to transport a boat, help you find reliable transporters at the best rates, and give you tips on preparing your boat for transport. If the waters get choppy, we’re here to navigate you back on course with your boat transport.
HOW TO PREPARE A BOAT FOR SHIPPING
There are a couple of things you can do to prepare your boat for towing and ensure a successful boat transport. This includes securing any loose items and taking precautions to avoid travel damage. Before dismantling anything on your boat, take photos so that you have something to reference when reassembling the boat after the transport. Then, remove all personal items from your boat. Clean your boat’s exterior and inspect for any damages. It is also advised that you have it inspected by a licensed marine surveyor.
- Pick a loading spot that has a 14′ clearance.
- Secure all loose gear above and below deck.
- Close, secure, and seal any hatches.
- Latch and tape cabin windows from the outside.
- Drain fuel and water tanks.
- Remove any drain plugs from the hull.
- Disconnect batteries, and secure the cables away from it.
- Measure your boat to ensure it's within the legal loaded height.